Subject: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
From: Charlie Summers <charlie @ lofcom . com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:04:41 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Morning!

   While going through the daily group of spam messages that got through the
filters, I noticed a 411 spam with a text attachment. So, being curious (and
opening my mail on a Macintosh under OS9 where MS viri cannot survive), I
opened it, and found 1,356 email addresses. A large group of them looked
REALLY familiar, with user parts like Brent@, chuqui@, list-managers@,
rogerk@, mcb@, tneff @
  .
  .
  .
 well, you get the idea, and possibly even got the
spam.

   Is it likely that some spammer joined this list to harvest addresses? I
doubt it. More likely, the scum simply harvested them from one of the
web-based archives (Yahoo! comes to mind). But it's sure annoying...

         Charlie (who also found a bunch of assembly.ca.gov addresses
                   in the file)

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous:
Next: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
Next: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>