Subject: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 20:19:46 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 11:53 AM 2003-05-01 -0400, Charlie Summers wrote:

   I agree with your assessment, but even if the GreatCircle archives were
"locked-down," there are the unofficial web-based archives we've discussed
here in the past to deal with. Checking the URL you provided (searching
Google for my email address coupled with "list-managers"), you'll see that
only TWO of those links point to GreatCircle. Others point to
mail-archive.com's archive of this list, and yet others point to various
"unofficial" archives of the procmail mailing list (where I mentioned this
list). And although not searchable by Google, apparently, we know there is a
Yahoo! "mirror" of this list that someone not at GreatCircle set up.

And this is why my TOS prohibit any public archives of the lists I run on my servers, and why I shut them down whenever I find them.

This address is hopelessly compromised so I use it to post to lists with archaic policies.

   The problem is MUCH more wide-spread than just official archives. On the
lists I control, there are NO web-based archives (although there are
mail-based archives that may be retrieved by subscribers only). But I'm
constantly on the lookout for user-operated archives, and actually firewall
off the "known" archivers like mail-archive.com from sending any mail into
the list server. Still, any subscriber who wants to "help" can easily set up
their own archives, which once cached by Google live forever.

Actually, I suspect that you can actually get them out of google.

--
He said: "There are people from Baath here reporting everything that
goes on. There are cameras here recording our faces. If the Americans