Subject: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:07:29 -0700
To: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 11:05  PM, Tom Neff wrote:

A challenge/response system is a form of spam protection.

You spam protect it passively and read it religiously.

You might, Tom. How many companies out there actually do? look at rfc-inorant.org recently?

this is how you might want it to be -- but it ain't. you might not like c/r systems, but right now, spamblocking notwithstanding, the answer at many places it ot blackhole role accounts. At least with c/r we have a chance to get them read again.