Subject: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...
From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 10:41:03 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Friday, May 02, 2003 12:07 AM -0700 Chuq Von Rospach
<chuqui @
 plaidworks .
 com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 11:05  PM, Tom Neff wrote:
>>> A challenge/response system is a form of spam protection.
>>
>> You spam protect it passively and read it religiously.
>>
> You might, Tom. How many companies out there actually do? look at
> rfc-inorant.org recently?
>
> this is how you might want it to be -- but it ain't. you might not like c/r
> systems, but right now, spamblocking notwithstanding, the answer at many
> places it ot blackhole role accounts. At least with c/r we have a chance to
> get them read again.

Most companies have gone to web-based customer contact.  I am going to do an
informal survey of some of the ones that still "accept" email at all.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: So I got this 411 spam this morning...