Subject: Challenge/response snafus
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:01:23 -0700
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 07:48  PM, Tom Neff wrote:

and those need to be protected by a challenge/response system.

All of them?
all of them. IMHO, of course.

What happens when you get the automated domain-renewal email from NetSlo
and NetSlo's mailing system refuses to play with your challenge/response system?

Challenge/response works GREAT when you expect to get email only from individuals, but in the Real World, people do infequently/occasionally get email from automated systems that might not have been properly whitelisted (or that might have changed domains or email addresses) when the challenge/response system was created.

Then what?

jc