Subject: Re: "If we came into posession of evidence..."
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:49:35 -0700
To: "Michael C.Berch" <mcb @ postmodern . com>
Cc: List Managers List <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 05:48  PM, Michael C.Berch wrote:

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 10:24  AM, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:
So my question is: if we came into possession of evidence of
someone selling the usernames/addresses of another mailing list
(_your_ mailing list) would you, as a list manager, be interested in
pursuing legal action against the list broker?

My first question is, what is the legal theory and cause of action?

It's all on their web site. Maybe you should research habeas before answering this? (Sorry if you did, but I can't see you asking that question if you had).