Subject: Re: OUCH!!
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 07:10:35 -0400
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 23 May 2003 at 19:34, Brian Zaleski wrote:

> With an attachement called errors.zlb

'zlb' is one of the quarantine-extensions that ZoneAlarm's MailSafe uses
right?

> With this little bit 'o code in it (and a lot more)
>
> tmp = Split(malware, ",")
> path = "c:\command.exe"
> Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
 [...etc...]

My windows scripting host script-reading skills are pretty minimal..
could you provide a short synopsis of what this script was trying to do?

As a side note, I've heard about this particular virus-trap several times
[although I don't think I, personally, have received one]: an apparently
100% legit-looking (but fake) NDR with the "message" being bounced
included as an attachment..

What's unfortunate is that that's what I use for rejects of submissions
to the newsgroup I moderate -- because of the limitations of the tool I
happen to use to do the moderation, having the reject message carry the
original submission as an attachment is really the only good choice.  It
hadn't occurred to me until I started hearing about the NDR-borne-viruses
that I was encouraging my submittors into potentially dangerous email
habits...

  /bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .