Subject: Spam blacklist
From: Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:06:37 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Apparently, the IP which hosts the mailing lists I run has been added to a spam blacklist by osirusoft (http://relays.osirusoft.com). I am not an expert at these matters, but I'm told they are blocking a range of IP numbers which happens to include this one (which is NOT a source of spam, never has been and never will be). I'm also told that this IP uses qmail which can return a false positive when tested for an open relay (which it is not). It would appear that osirusoft does not base their blocking on any FACTS that any spam has actually come from a given IP. As a result, legitimate e-mail is being blocked by ISPs which use osirusoft for spam-blocking. I'm also told that it is very difficult to get off one of these blacklists once you're on one.
   Any suggestions other than moving the lists to a new host?

...Bob

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: OUCH!!