Subject: Re: AOL blocking
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb @ cs . utah . edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:10:04 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

    AOL Postmaster Hotline at 703-265-467

Last week I went through an hour or so of long distance calls with the single
cell lifeforms who man this hotline.  What fun.  Never did actually hear
why my server was getting blocked, though from what I can gather it was
because when AOL did a reverse lookup on the IP for a message from
virt.domain.one the DNS reply != virt.domain.one and when a message from
virt.domain.two came in the reverse lookup didn't say virt.domain.two and
when a message from virt.domain.three arrived, usw.

But I guess all my long distance calls and a flurry of complaints from AOL
customers did have some effect, as the messages are getting through to AOL
customers now.

mjb.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: AOL blocking