Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:31:27 -0400
To: listmanagers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 13 Aug 2003 at 13:16, mfidelman @
 ntcorp .
 com wrote:

> personally, I don't do anything in these cases - this is not unreasonable
> behavior for a vacation autoresponder,

We disagree on this...

> ..and personally, there are times
> that I post something to a list and want to know that certain people
> haven't seen it -- the impact on the list and the subscribers is minimal
> (as compared to autoresponses that cause mail loops)

That last is true, but if this became common do you really want hundreds, or
thousands, of vacation messages in response to a post to a list, on the off
chance that you'll be able to pick out 'certain people' from the mess that
comes back?

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .