Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ panix . com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:33:53 -0500
To: listmanagers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Mark Mallett wrote,

However I would stop short of calling them names.

My uses of "jerk" and "goof" -- and surely also JC's of "miscreant" and the implicit "luser" in "lart" -- were intended strictly within the context of list-managers. I'm surprised that you couldn't figure that out, Mark.

I've been wondering for a while: does there exist a test
site for autoresponders (for the developers of autoresponders)?
Something that would send a number of prototypical mail messages to a
particular address and see if the agent at that address is doing
anything wrong?  (Obviously it would have to have some way of not
being abused.)

That would be a nice thing if it exists.