Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: "Mark E. Mallett" <mem @ mv . mv . com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:10:21 -0400
To: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ panix . com>
Cc: listmanagers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:33:53PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
> Mark Mallett wrote,
>
> >However I would stop short of calling them names.
>
> My uses of "jerk" and "goof" -- and surely also JC's of "miscreant" and
> the implicit "luser" in "lart" -- were intended strictly within the
> context of list-managers.  I'm surprised that you couldn't figure that
> out, Mark.

I'll take it as a compliment that you think better of me than I
actually am :-)

On the other hand I wasn't really chastising anybody.  Just pointing
out that the subscriber who makes use of a tool is not necessarily the
one who should be thought badly of (i.e. rather than the tool's
author).  And mainly I was trying to find a way to seque into the
question about a tester for authors of autoresponders.  I happen to be
contemplating implementing one or more such things as companions to a
delivery tool, and I even though I think I know some things about how
they ought to operate, I just know I am going to make at least one
blunder along the way.

Yours,
-mm-