Subject: Re: list policies about vacation programs
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:08:43 -0700
To: listmanagers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

At 10:39 AM 8/13/2003, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

Consider how it scales.  Assume that at any given time, maybe 5% of your
list are "on vacation".

Heh. This is a list for people who work at ISPs. In the 5 years I've been administrating this list we have had a problem with an autoresponder maybe once a year. For the most part, ISP folks just don't take vacation, and when they do take a vacation they usually read their email daily while on vacation. For those who take a vacation and use autoresponders, most people are very clueful about how they configure them.

jc