--On Friday, August 15, 2003 03:15 -0700 Berg Oswell <berg @
Miles Fidelman wrote:
Now, on a more practical note, how would people on this list recommend
configuring an autoresponder so that it ignores list traffic entirely,
short of having to configure each list individually?
In no particular order:
1) Allow the responder to have a file of addresses it is not to
2) Once a single response is sent, add the recipient address to
the do-not-respond list.
3) Ignore any bulk precedence mail; You may or may not extend this
to list precedence.
4) Turn it off promptly when you return.
5) Ignore messages that contain any List*, Mailing-List* or X-List* headers.
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else O- /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Silver Nautilus Pursuivant, Atlantia X HELP CURE HTML MAIL
Webmaster, Academy of S. Gabriel / \