Subject: Re: Don't feed Troll: [Was: list policies about vacation programs]
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: Berg Oswell <berg @ eskimo . com>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

[posted and mailed]

I unequivocally apologize for the troll accusation message.

Indeed, I hoped that it never would actually get to the list.  (I'd
fortunately posted from the wrong adddress and so it required manual
approval and I'd tried to ask the list manager not to approve it, but was
either too late or too unclear.)

In either case, I did compose and try to send it to the list.  I was wrong
to do so.

I would also say that since the time of my composing that inappropriate
message (very early in the thread), it has become even more clear that my
early assessment was way off base.

My apologies to you and to other list members for my very ill-advised
post.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Relativism is the triumph of convention over truth, authority over justice