Subject: Re: Carbon Copies (Was Re: list policies about vacation programs)
From: Berg Oswell <berg @ eskimo . com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

David W. Tamkin wrote:
> Then why did you relegate the boss to Cc:?  People from whom a response
> is important belong on the To: line.  The boss, either not on vacation
> or back from vacation, could very logically look at your message, see
> that [s]he was merely carboned, and figure that you just wanted him/her
> to read the message and that that would be enough; that you would
> probably not find a reply from him/her unwelcome, but you weren't
> expecting one.
>

> IMConsideredO, Cc: is for advisory copies to peripheral parties.

	In your opinion, but not in everybody's opinion.  I've run across
mailreading software that won't let you put more than one name in the To:
line before...I've also run across one mailreader that lacks a Cc:
ability.

	Either way though, getting an email by Cc is not necessarily a
sign that it's unimportant that you reply; Just the opposite in fact,
since if you didn't need to see it, you wouldn't have.  Assuming that you
don't need to reply because you're not the direct recipient is just
that...  Ass U Me.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: list policies about vacation programs