Subject: Re: What's up with SPEWS?
From: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:21:16 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Mitch Collinsworth <mitch @
 ccmr .
 cornell .
 edu> writes:

> I also saw a few cases, beginning at about the same time, of some
> similar bounces claiming we were on a blacklist at osirusoft.com.  Could
> this mean we're on 2 blacklists?  Or is it just some sort of domino
> effect between cooperating blacklists?

The best information that I have currently is that Osirusoft is currently
returning positives for every IP address.  I believe that SPEWS was also
served out through Osirusoft, so I think the two problems are related.

In other words, I don't think you're alone, I don't think this is evidence
there's anything wrong with your servers in particular, and there seems to
be some sort of blacklist meltdown in progress at the moment.

See the current lead story on Slashdot.

--
Russ Allbery (rra @
 stanford .