Subject: Re: What's up with SPEWS?
From: Cameron Biggart <cameronb @ yaffa . com . au>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:23:46 +1000
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

b) spews.org going off the net caused (some of) the sites using their
blacklist to default to blacklisting everyone.

I also saw a few cases, beginning at about the same time, of some
similar bounces claiming we were on a blacklist at osirusoft.com.
Could this mean we're on 2 blacklists?  Or is it just some sort of
domino effect between cooperating blacklists?

-Mitch

*.osirusoft.com has gone down and has listed the entire IPv4 range bouncing any message from anywhere with the response
Please stop using relays.osirusoft.com.

Some of the SPEWS listings reflect osirusoft listings so are similarly contaminated. Both SPEWS.org and osirusoft.com have been hit with DDoS attacks over the last few days and it seems that osirusoft.com decided the easier route was to stop being a blacklist source. See the news.admin.net-abuse.email newsgroup for further discussions on this topic.

--
Regards

Cameron Biggart
IT Manager