Subject: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:46:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Mark J. Bradakis wrote:

> I hardly believe it.  Given the trouble and grief over the
> last 15 years or so I've dealt with AOL and the vast herds of
> Clueless Mouse Pilots it has thrust upon the net it seems
> really strange to be on their side.  At one point the lists I
> manage had 4% of the subscribers on AOL, but that measely 4%
> generated something like 22% of the error and admin messages
> I had to process.
>
> That could be a drop in the bit bucket if some scumbag
> thievin' spammer gets a decision in their favor.

At least for now, you don't have to service AOL subscribers if
you don't want to.  I don't hear from AOL subscribers much
because my lists don't accept HTML posts.  AOL has marketed
themselves as the Internet service any idiot can use.  They got
what they asked for...  I remember when Micro$oft Net came
online.  They were saying "We will BE the Internet within a
year."  Dunno if M$ has done more damage to the net than AOL.
Miro$oft Net hasn't been a major problem.  The software produced
by their parent company is another story.

- murr -