Subject: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:19:58 -0400
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 28 Aug 2003 at 8:59, JC Dill wrote:

> ...  What part of "my network, my rules" means ...

Where did this precept come from?  Here I thought we were all part of the
"internet" and had more-or-less agreed to abide by its 'rules' [the RFCs
at the least].  This seems like a recipe for chaos.

Can't wait to sign up for an ISP and see a list of protocols that they
choose to ignore, protocols that they intentionally mishandle, etc, and
have EVERY ISP posting a *different* 200 page list... and the sentiment
being not "Hey, there are standards, let's play together" but "their
networks, their rules, screw you".  Maybe I've just been brainwashed, but
I'm a conformance and cooperation and standards kind of guy, not an
"everybody rolls his own" one...

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .