Subject: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:08:34 -0400
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 28 Aug 2003 at 13:03, murr rhame wrote:

> ... The Net was so much better when it was only available to
> well healed college kids and government employees.  Shoulda kept
> the unwashed masses out.

Actually, by allowing government employees onto the net [rather than
restricting it to researchers], we were already well and truly down the
slippery slope to perdition..

But what's fun is to observe, over the decades, how each succeeding wave
of newcomers to the net decries the _next_ wave and tries to pull the
ladder up after themselves...:o)

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .