Subject: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: Tom Coradeschi <tcora @ skylands . ibmwr . org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:23:52 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 12:26 AM -0400 08/28/2003, murr rhame wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Tom Coradeschi wrote:

 At 07:00 AM -0400 08/27/2003, Alan B. Clegg wrote:

 >For those that are interested, it seems that someone has
 >finally gotten up the nerve (or whatever it takes) to sue AOL
 >for their blocking practices.
 >
 >http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/local/6597267.htm

 > By all accounts CI is a spam haven. Let's hope AOL cleans their
 clocks (gawd, I can't believe I wrote that).

Spam haven or not, I don't like the precedent of a court forcing
an ISP to accept email from another ISP.  One of the few
inalienable rights you have on the net is the right to refuse to
listen.

I agree wholeheartedly, hence my comment "Let's hope AOL cleans their clocks".

                 tom coradeschi <+> tcora @
skylands .
ibmwr .
org
         Skylands (NJ) BMW Riders <+> <http://skylands.ibmwr.org/>

From: <mfidelman @ ntcorp . com>
Next: Re: spam filtering is legal, was AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: johnl @ iecc . com (John R. Levine)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Next: Re: AOL blocking --- lawsuit filed
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb @ cs . utah . edu>