Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: regular and digest segments
From: John Watkins <johnw @ simsoc . org>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:15:45 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hope this is not inappropriate for this list.

I run several lists on majordomo using an outside service. For some reason, I can't contact the service people of late although the basic service seems to be running OK.

Here's my problem. I run public policy forums using an email list. They run for about a week and the panelists and the registrants change with each forum.

We're starting to offer access to the forums as a fund-raising device for various non-profits but I want to run it at two levels. At one level, the registrant will be part of a discussion list, able to receive and post messages. However, I want the other level to simply receive the messages without the ability to post.

The basic messages for the discussion list contain a reply to address so that the reply is automatically addressed correctly. I don't want to abandon that ease for either the panelists or the active registrants. But, including it in the messages sent to the others would permit them to reply.

Is there any way that all the messages from the forum can go out both as a discussion and an announcement list?
--
                         There's an easy way to
                     raise money for any good cause!

               John Watkins  Founder and Creative Director
            The Simple Society Alliance for Human Empowerment
            603-889-0111  johnw @
simsoc .
org  http://simsoc.org