Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: Re: Fix for some emails coming in with no body text?
From: Paul Russell <prussell @ nd . edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:46:37 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Lee wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across the situation where some peoples' emails always come through a mailing list system with the text body removed and lost, presumably due to the originator's email client or program not being compatible with the mailing list's design or configuration. If so, any idea of a fix ? - I appreciate this may go much deeper into the actual program design of the mailing list system. I am having the trouble with Mailgust, a php combined list/forum manager; although still in beta, I could use it if this 'bug' wasn't happening. I'm in close contact with the developer but we're all a bit stumped at the moment. I should add I tried Demime to act on all emails before they entered the mailing list, but that didn't correct the problem.

One possible explanation is that the list (or the server on which it is hosted)
is configured to strip MIME parts which are not 7-bit ASCII plain text. Your
message to this list would have fallen victim to such filter.