Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ vjs . org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:05:43 -0700
To: Lee <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>, managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: me <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>

** Sometime around 20:33 +0000 03/07/2004, Lee sent everyone:

thanks for your various replies.
In case anyone can see something in my message headers
which may indicate where the trouble lies, I've pasted
2 examples below - they are both the same message, the
first one as it came through to my majordomo list, and
the second as it came through to my mailgust list. I
received the messages in my yahoo account as a
subscriber to both lists. It's coincidence that I am
also the message originator, but it just happens that
one of my own email accounts (talk21.com) generates
the problem.

I'm not convinced of this. Have you been able to send any messages through the Mailgust (what a name) server successfully -- i.e., with the body intact? Comparing the headers of THOSE two messages -- i.e., both through Mailgust, one intact and one with the body stripped -- would potentially be more useful.

Oh, and when posting e-mail headers, PLEASE be sure that wrapping is turned off, and that the headers lines are not already wrapped when you paste them into the e-mail message. (If they're already wrapped, then manually unwrap them for us.) It's really annoying to try to read a mail header that has been wrapped.

Vince Sabio                                                  vince @
vjs .
org