Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?
From: Lee <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:05:05 +0000 (GMT)
To: managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

hello Vince and everyone,

Vince Sabio <vince @ vjs . org> wrote:

<< I'm not convinced of this. Have you been able to send any messages
through the Mailgust (what a name) server successfully -- i.e., with
the body intact? Comparing the headers of THOSE two messages -- i.e., both through Mailgust, one intact and one with the body stripped --
would potentially be more useful. >>

Yes, it's only about 4 people out of 20 whose messages exhibit the problem. Even 1 person would still be too high a precentage!

<<Oh, and when posting e-mail headers, PLEASE be sure that wrapping is turned off, and that the headers lines are not already wrapped when
you paste them into the e-mail message. (If they're already wrapped,
then manually unwrap them for us.) It's really annoying to try to
read a mail header that has been wrapped. >>

Fair point - I've made a notepad file at the url below, which has 2 examples of headers received through mailgust;
 the first from a person whose messages are always stripped of the body, and the second from a person whose emails are always ok.

many thanks for any further advice,

lee