Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?
From: Lee <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:33:56 +0000 (GMT)
To: managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: me <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>

hello again, especially jc and roger,

ok - I've sent a message from one of my own email accounts (talk21) which exhibits the problem.
The url below shows the same message received by me in my yahoo account, and by me as a subscriber there to my mailgust : -

http://www.incelsite.com/moreexamples.txt

thanks again,

lee

JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com> wrote:
Lee,

Can you please have each of these senders send an email to your list and
bcc to you, and then ALSO post the headers of the emails you received via
bcc (the emails that don't go thru the list server)? I think it would be
helpful to see the message as the list server sees it, before it processes
the message rather than after.

I'm not an expert at this, but it's how I'd go about debugging the problem.

jc

At 12:05 PM 3/8/2004, you wrote:

>hello Vince and everyone,
>
>Vince Sabio wrote:
>
><< I'm not convinced of this. Have you been able to send any messages
>through the Mailgust (what a name) server successfully -- i.e., with
>the body intact? Comparing the headers of THOSE two messages -- i.e., both
>through Mailgust, one intact and one with the body stripped --
>would potentially be more useful. >>
>
>Yes, it's only about 4 people out of 20 whose messages exhibit the
>problem. Even 1 person would still be too high a precentage!
>
><>turned off, and that the headers lines are not already wrapped when
>you paste them into the e-mail message. (If they're already wrapped,
>then manually unwrap them for us.) It's really annoying to try to
>read a mail header that has been wrapped. >>
>
>Fair point - I've made a notepad file at the url below, which has 2
>examples of headers received through mailgust;
> the first from a person whose messages are always stripped of the body,
> and the second from a person whose emails are always ok.
>
> http://www.incelsite.com/examples.txt
>
>many thanks for any further advice,
>
>lee
>

>Yahoo!
>Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today!
>Download
>Messenger Now

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?