Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2004)

Subject: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ vjs . org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:21:16 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 20:05 +0000 03/08/2004, Lee said:
Vince Sabio <vince @
vjs .
org> wrote:

<< I'm not convinced of this. Have you been able to send any messages
through the Mailgust (what a name) server successfully -- i.e., with
the body intact? Comparing the headers of THOSE two messages -- i.e., both through Mailgust, one intact and one with the body stripped --
would potentially be more useful. >>

Yes, it's only about 4 people out of 20 whose messages exhibit the problem. Even 1 person would still be too high a precentage!

Agreed. However, as interesting a problem as this is, it's also outside of the charter of this list, which is primarily for discussion of meta-issues surrounding list management. Thus, we should take the rest of this discussion off-list. (Posting this here in case anyone is inclined to either (1) object or (2) join in the off-list discussion, as unlikely as either of those may be. <g>)

What I will note on this list (since it's mostly on topic) is that your List-Id: headers are not RFC2919 compliant. If that's a 'feature' of the Mailgust server, then it's implemented incorrectly and needs to be fixed.

Remainder of discussion continued off-list....

Vince Sabio                                                  vince @
vjs .
org