Subject: (off topic) Compressing and Saving to floppy
From: lee <davislee @ btinternet . com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:06:17 +0100
To: Mailgust <mglist @ mailgust . org>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to compress a folder of files so that I can copy it onto my pc's A (floppy) drive? I currently have 3.5" discs which can otherwise not hold a complete folder of files.

I've already tried saving the folder(s) using WinZip or win-gz before saving to floppy, but the overall kilobytes size seems to still be the same.

Maybe any compression only reduces the folder to say, 1 file, but there is no way to actually reduce the size?

Any advice appreciated,
lee

Next: Re: (off topic) Compressing and Saving to floppy
Next: Re: (off topic) Compressing and Saving to floppy
From: "Anthony J. Albert" <albert @ polaris . umpi . maine . edu>