Subject: Re: Automated attack on list managers?
From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:51:19 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Sunday, August 22, 2004 11:44 AM -0500 "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @
panix .
com> wrote:
John Levine wrote:

I get vast number of "you have a virus" reports and they are
invariably sent by a crudware virus filter in response to a virus with
a forged return address.

Some that I get are not responses to viruses from broken filters but
rather are thinly disguised viruses themselves.

Those are the ones I was talking about. The legitimate filter-stops are pretty easy to trace to the mail servers of real members. We also get them for 'content' when someone calls someone else a gol-durned polecat.