Subject: strange spam ?
From: lee <davislee @ btinternet . com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:41:29 +0100
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is aware of (the cause of) some spam one of my list zubscribers is reporting; he is often getting spam with a legitimate list message underneath it, all inline and apparently all one email. The list messages are not necessarily from him.

A look through the headers he's shown me does not suggest that the spammer is zubscribed to any of my lists.

Maybe a worm or virus is active in his or another list zubscriber's pc? He is zubscribed to other independent lists so presumably he could have picked it up anywhere.

thanks for any thoughts,
lee