Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2004)

Subject: Hotmail rendering of 7bit messages
From: Omar Thameen <omar @ westside . urbanblight . com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:30:37 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Just today, we've gotten a couple reports from list owners about
Hotmail not displaying certain messages properly.

We've determined that this happens with text/plain messages which
are 7bit encoded, the symptoms being the display of characters
like "+ADw-".  If you reload the page, about 50% of the time it
displays properly.

Are there any MSN admins on this list?  Does anyone have any more
information about this phenomenon?  Has Hotmail made some changes
in the last 24 hours?

Omar

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: