Subject: Question for a Special Project of ours.
From: "Doug Paquette" <dcpaq2 @ comcast . net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:55:12 -0500
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Group,

A friend and I are trying to see if we can do somthing with a mailing list such as Ezmlm or Majordomo and a php / mysql based webbased message board and are wonder the following questions and would like to know if anyone knows the answers and would be willing to help us out?

We are basically trying to do something "similar" to what www.mail2forum.com is trying to accomplish but going a different direction.

1. is there some API or standard protocol to communicate with the mailing list? we need to automate the user subscription process for mailing list members (something like /ezmlm/ mailing list), but we couldn't figure-out how to do it.

2. we want to catch the replies to the mailing list and formulate them as bulletin board messages. is it possible to do that using php? we just need to know if it is possible to receive email messages into php and handle them on our own!

Any help you guys could provide us about Majordomo oe Ezmlm in regards to this would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

Sincerely,

Doug paquette

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Wow, you used to cum within 5 minutes!