Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2005)

Subject: Re: Posting style filters?
From: lee <davislee @ btinternet . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:40:51 +0000
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hello Roger,

I don't know of such software;
However do you really feel that top-posting is a technique which is bad enough to warrant being bounced?
Or indeed 'too much' quoting?

I wouldn't have such views on the mail lists I admin, because I believe such things are the personal choice of the poster with pros and cons from both sides.

If one or more readers don't personally like an email to be structured in such a way, and actively object to it, I would feel they are petty and more interested in finding fault rather than considering what is actually being written.

lee

Roger Burton West wrote:

I have heard rumours of filters for mailing lists that can bounce
postings based on excessive quoting and/or top-posting. Can anyone point
me to freeware implementations of these? (I can probably write my own,
but other people have access to more badly-written email than I do...)

Roger

--

A perfect internet companion: LEE'S FREE MUSIC STATION <http://uk.music.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1453474498>
Example recent playlist HERE <http://www.incelsite.com/playlist.gif>