Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2005)

Subject: Re: Posting style filters?
From: lee <davislee @ btinternet . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:20:57 +0000
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Please see below for 'in context' reply ;-)

Bernie Cosell wrote:

On 23 Nov 2005 at 22:56, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

But frankly, I think it no longer matters; the mail list as a primary communications community tool is dead. Which is a great way to start another argument, but I won't bother getting into it. I'll just note this posting: http://chuqui.typepad.com/teal_sunglasses/2005/11/ the_past_slippi.html and shut up again.

What's unfortunate is that the web-based forums are *SO* bad as to be nearly useless [especially compared with email- or usenet-based ones].
hmm I disagree. I use phpBB with Mail2Forum integrated, and I am quite pleased with the results. I have also added other mods to phpBB, however, to bring its 'default' performance up to what I consider necessary.

lee

--

A perfect internet companion: LEE'S FREE MUSIC STATION <http://uk.music.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1453474498>
Example recent playlist HERE <http://www.incelsite.com/playlist.gif>