Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2007)

Subject: Re: spam being sent through list-digest-outgoing
From: "Tom Neff" <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:42:45 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 1/26/07, Michael C. Berch <mcb @
 postmodern .
 com> wrote:
> My low-tech solution to this was just to rename list-digest-outgoing
> to something not easily guessable, like
> "list-digest-outgoing-xyzzy" and changing the other aliases for the
> list to conform.  It's unlikely to be discovered, since a spammer has
> to get their grubby little hands on an actual message to read the
> headers, but if it is, you can change it again.

This is one of the solutions mentioned in the FAQ.  It's definitely
better than nothing, but it does not protect you from spammers because
infected machines can see the mail headers in their spool.

On 1/26/07, zuess007 @
 zoso .
 net <zuess007 @
 zoso .
 net> wrote:
> I am assuming I should make this entry in my .procmailrc? And where should
> I put the .procmailrc entry? In my root dir? or my majordomo dir? I hate
> to sound stupid but I have never had this problem before. Could I ask what
> your procmail entry looked like? I really appreciate this and your help. I
> am also gonna print out 3.6 of the faq. Thanks again

I'll have to look up my old config.
--
  Tom Neff
  tneff @