Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: Listserv vs News
From: Ian Dickinson <vato @ csv . warwick . ac . uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1992 10:08:41 GMT
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Raphael Manfredi <ram @
 eiffel .
 com> wrote:
> It is much more difficult to follow a conversation via a mailing list, as
> opposed to news. I don't know of any user agent which let you organize threads
> based on the 'In-Reply-To' headers the way a newsreader threads articles via
> the Reference line.

There are some.

I'm starting to use an MUA called 'af' (in beta at the moment) which generates
"right" context).  I know that References is an RFC1036 header,
but it shouldn't cause any problems that I know of.

I also believe that VM (a GNU emacs MUA) will do something along these lines.

Cheers,
--
\/ato - Ian Dickinson - NIC handle: ID17                   No-one is to molest
vato @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Listserv vs News