Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1992)

Subject: Re: Vandalism problems
From: Alan Thew <Alan . Thew @ liverbird . liverpool . ac . uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 92 23:11:55 GMT
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sat, 19 Dec 92 17:45:15 -0500  Anastasios Kotsikonas wrote:
>> discussion on this type of thing.  In particular if you have noticed
>> anything like this happening on one of your lists lately, I urge you
>> to report it.  Any other suggestions, etc. etc. would be appreciated.
>
>Same thing happened to me two years ago when someone subscribed my list
>to a BITNET Listserv list and vice versa, set mail to ACK and he created
>a very nice loop thank you very much. Every message originating from the
>other list was distributed in mine, then the same message was forwarded
>back to the other list, etc.

This was done to me and the person in whose name it was apparently done
has denied it. I had no bounce/loop problems but did have complaints about
my list being 'relayed' to the other list.

Alan Thew
alan .
 thew @
 livbird .
 liv .
 ac .
 uk   ...!uknet!livbird!alan.thew   +44 51 794 3735

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Vandalism problems
From: tasos @ cs . bu . edu (Anastasios Kotsikonas)
Next: Re: How to deal with bounces
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Vandalism problems
From: tasos @ cs . bu . edu (Anastasios Kotsikonas)
Next: Re: Vandalism problems
From: Scott Ophof <ophof @ SERVER . uwindsor . ca>