Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1995)

Subject: Mime-Version: 1.0
From: lewrose @ netcom . com (Lewis Rose)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 09:25:40 -0800
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I have been having a problem with messages sent via majordomo to a mailing
list that I am managing.  Specifically, some, but not all, of the
subscribers get the message "Mime-Version: 1.0" repeated on line after line
of the approved message (it's a moderated list).  Not everyone on  the list
has the problem, though.  An example of one today is set forth below.

Does anyone know what may be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Many thanks.

Lew

>Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 08:00:48 -0800
>From: dpvan @
 interaccess .
 com (David P. Vandagriff)
>Subject: Re: Internet legal seminar
>Sender: owner-net-lawyers @
 webcom .
 com

>James Cameron responded:
>>
>>These are all excellent observations.  The downside of a single legal seminar
>>is it will not provide the majority of the audience with the skills to jump
>>onto the Internet, let alone be productive.  I would view a seminar as
more of
>>an overview of the Internet as a legal resource/tool whose limited goal was
>>general education and awareness.
>
>I think you're right for the slow learners.  For lawyers with some computer
>aptitude, however, turning them loose with directions on how to find a
>couple of big Web indices may be all they need.
>
>>The point about the difficulty people have connecting to the Internet is
>>absolutely correct, as is that concerning shell-based vs the newer GUI-based
>>toolsets.  The point is not to struggle with connections or tools, but to use
>>the Internet as a resource that makes people more productive.
>
>The smarter ISP's are making it very easy.  The one I use provides a
>one-disk plug 'n play Windows setup that has you up and running within about
>5 minutes of putting the disk in the computer.  As I recall, I typed in two
>numbers, just copying them off a sheet of paper that came with the disk.  As
>far as ease of installation and use, it was right up there with America Online.
>

>David

>| David P. Vandagriff           |  dpvan @
 interaccess .
 com |
>| 315A Broadway, P.O. Box 187   |  ABA/net: !dvandagriff |
>| Monett, MO 65708-0187         |  voice: 417-235-3858   |
>

>------- End of Forwarded Message

Lewis Rose                           202-857-6012 (voice)
Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn     202-857-6395 (fax)
1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW          lewrose @
 netcom .
 com (email)
Washington DC  20036                 Advertising and Marketing Law
 Advertising Law Interest Site  http://www.webcom.com/~lewrose/home.html

Indexed By Date Previous: place for ListProc 6 help?
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Next: Re: Mime-Version: 1.0
From: Ian Dickinson <cudep @ csv . warwick . ac . uk>
Indexed By Thread Previous: place for ListProc 6 help?
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Next: Re: Mime-Version: 1.0
From: Ian Dickinson <cudep @ csv . warwick . ac . uk>