Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1995)

Subject: List Policies and guidelines.
From: Dave Doherty <ddoherty @ topcat . bridgew . edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 14:19:05 EST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hello again everyone,

Several months ago I posted the message;

-> Hello All,
->
-> I am trying to develop a policy statement to distribute to faculty members on
-> campus who are being given the ability to run a local list.  I was wondering
-> if anyone knows of an encapsulated version of questions such as;
->
-> What do I do with rude/offensive users?
-> What responsibilities does a list manager have to the recipients?
-> What type of messages should I screen? (Offensive language? Disagreements?)
-> What responsibility does a list manager have to keep the topic on track?
-> How does a list manager keep the topic on track?
-> What should policy be when the list manager leaves? Takes a sabatical? Goes on
-> vacation?
->
-> I would appreciate opinions or a direction to pursue such research.  I thank
-> you for your help.
-> 						Sincerely
-> 						David Doherty

I received a little bit of help and a great deal of interest with regards to
this posting.  Many of you informed me that you knew of no such document but
requested that I send my final copy to individuals or the list.  Since November
I have had other work which required more attention and have not had the time
to work on this document, now I am back on the case.

What I need from the list is any kind of official or unofficial policy with
regards to the above posting, opinions or comments included.  What I will do
with this is attempt to construct a policy statement from all of your input,
which I will forward to the list upon completion.  Thanks to all of you whom
have already sent either policy or ideas my way, I have saved them all.  If any
list managers can help with information on this topic, I would again, greatly
appreciate it.

						Regards
						David Doherty

Dave Doherty				DDOHERTY @
 TOPCAT .
 BRIDGEW .
 EDU
Bridgewater State College		DDOHERTY @
 PIANO .
 MECN .
 MASS .
 EDU
Computer Science Major			DDOHERTY @
 BENNY .
 BRIDGEW .
 EDU

I think talented people should take a vow.  "At least, do no harm."

Indexed By Date Previous: List problem