Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1998)

Subject: Re: hosting services info needed again
From: Marc Mead <mmead @ revnet . com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 15:10:38 -0600
To: awest @ george . m-w . com (Amy West), list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:18 AM 1/28/98 -0500, Amy West wrote:
>I asked for this info perhaps 4-6 months ago, so I apologize for the repeated
>inquiry.
>
>We've got a list that first maxed out a NeXT on a ISDN line (at 2000
>subscribers) and now
>a Dec Alpha on a T-1 (at 17,000 subscribers) (both using majordomo &
sendmail).
>We're having various porblems withour list hosting serives because of
>the drain on their resources.
>
>We've gotten quotes from Lsoft before, and we're going to look at them again,
>but is anyone here running or using a list hosting service that could
>handle a list that's going to continue to grow? Like to 100,000 subscribers?
>
>---Amy West

Amy,

Take a look at GroupMaster Express list hosting service from Revnet:
 http://www.groupmaster.com/html/hosting.html

We currently host lists in the 100k+ range and the list server software
(GroupMaster) is *much* easier to use than majordomo---with more powerful
message scheduling features and bounce handling.

Hope this helps,
Marc Mead
Revnet Systems  http://www.revnet.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: the unidirectionality of AOL Mail Controls