Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1998)

Subject: Re: Software Support
From: Brent Chapman <Brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 14:01:54 -0800
To: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 4:41 PM -0500 2/14/98, murr rhame wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Jerry Trowbridge wrote:
>
>> I don't need a bunch of traffic about how to configure majordomo
>> control files...especially when there is a place for that elsewhere.
>
>I agree that I would rather not see technical questions about
>Majordomo or any other specific software on the list-manager list.  On
>the other hand, if the other Majordomo [tm] lists are primarily for
>site managers and software developers, perhaps there should be a list
>specifically for Majordomo [tm] listowners.

The list for Majordomo listowners and site managers is called
Majordomo-Users, and has existed since the software was first released.
Majordomo-Workers was created later, as folks other than myself started
developing future releases of Majordomo.

>I subscribe to a list for
>Listproc [tm] which deals with both listowner and site manager issues.
>I presume that most other software packages have similar lists for
>configuration issues and such.
>

>- murr -

That's pretty much a description of the Majordomo-Users mailing list.  I
don't believe that there's really much use or demand for separate
Majordomo-related lists for list owners and site managers.

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman                   Internet/intranet training and consulting,
Brent @