Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1998)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 19:07:37 -0800
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald @ impressive . net>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 05:53 p.m. 02/14/98 -0500, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>> Um, how does this differ from list-managers, and from listmom-talk?

>I'm guessing that it differs in that list-managers has lots of
>experienced mailing list managers on it and useful discussion,
>while the others... don't.

I'm on a couple lists where the topics, when they appear, tend
to talk about how to do "zubzcriber exchanges" or advertisements
from list to list.

However, that's not why I run _my_ lists, at least; my mailing
lists are public services for community use, not something that
I feel needs a lot of "promotion" (announcements, yes, but
promotion, no) -- the lists are here to be used, but I don't get
any extra thrill (or $$) if a bazillion people join up.

--Kynn

--
   _ __                  *   Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet
  | / / _ _ ._ _ ._ _    *   Web Manager, Claremont Graduate Univ.
  |  \ | | || ' || ' |   *   President, HTML Writers Guild
  |_\_\`_. ||_|_||_|_|   *   Postmaster, MLists.com
       <___'             *   Co-Coordinator, Virtual Dog Show
    kynn @
 idyllmtn .
 com    *   Opera Web Browser Evangelist:
 www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn  *     http://www.operasoftware.com/

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Next: Re: "We do not relay" errors
From: Chip Rosenthal <chip @ unicom . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: NEW: ml-owners - Mailing List Owner's Discussion Group
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald @ impressive . net>
Next: Re: NEW: ml-owners - Mailing List Owner's Discussion Group
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ tezcat . com>