Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1998)

Subject: Re: "We do not relay" errors
From: Chip Rosenthal <chip @ unicom . com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:35:08 -0600 (CST)
To: rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG (Roger B.A. Klorese)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Roger B.A. Klorese writes:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Chip Rosenthal wrote:
> > So, the next time you see a "we do not relay" error, you can do one
> > of two things.  You can bitch about it.  Or, you can _thank_ the site
> > for working to reduce spam, but point out they made a small goof in
> > their setup.  I'm sure they would appreciate the notice.
>
> How do you propose to do that if they won't accept your mail?

If you cannot figure it out for yourself, write to me when you get such
a bounce and I will be delighted to help you.  I'm serious ... I am
paid to spend my time helping people with these problems.  My employer
probably would find this to be time well spent.

Or, we can continue whining and complaining about the problem, and see
if that helps.

> Are you
> suggesting that I should spend my time and money phoning a remote site
> administrator for not providing service to his own customers?

Uh, no.  Was I unclear in my message?

--
Chip Rosenthal * Unicom Systems Development             http://www.unicom.com/
Spammers ate my mail server!                          http://maps.vix.com/tsi/

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: "We do not relay" errors