Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Un$ubscribe Requests
From: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ clovis . nerdnosh . org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 99 10:59:46 PST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

murr rhame <murr @
 vnet .
 net> writes:

> I manually un$ubscribe anyone who asks to leave, no matter how poorly
> the attempt is made.  Unwanted email is unwanted email.  Even the
> clueless have a right not to get unsolicited junk in their mail box.

I write them off immediately as well, but for a different reason
entirely.  I am less interested in the inalienable rights pertaining to
and holy sanctity of the mailbox of a dud than in ridding us of someone
too dumb to know or to learn how to perform the simplest navigation.

I remember someone here was so invested in the education of idiots that
he set up a separate list and maintained the flounders on it until they
read the simple instructions of how they might help themselves.  I
marvel at that level of patience.

mailto:tcbowden @
 clovis .
 nerdnosh .