Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Egroups
From: Cyndi Norman <cnorman @ best . com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:15:04 -0800 (PST)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: cnorman @ best . com

   From: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @
 Taronga .

   Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 02:55:52 -0600 (CST)

   Is egroups encouraging their listowners to spam?

   Here are our top tips on how to increase membership in your e-mail group:
   Post to Newsgroups. Invite subscriptions, when appropriate, in
   Usenet groups or e-mail lists. Be careful! Invitations can be
   considered spam if not "on topic" or without respect to the policies
   of each group. You can also invite individual posters based on
   their specific message topics.

Well this would explain why I sometimes get form letters from specific
egroups asking me to join lists.  I report them to egroup's abuse address
as spam but maybe I'm just wasting my time.

Cyndi

"There's nothing wrong with me.  Maybe there's                     Cyndi Norman
something wrong with the universe." (ST:TNG)           cyndi @
 consultclarity .
 com
                                                 http://www.consultclarity.com/