Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Lucent is dead?
From: Daniel Reed <djr @ narnia . n . ml . org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:31:39 -0500 (EST)
To: "James C. Armstrong" <james @ sagarmatha . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, James C. Armstrong wrote:
) Has anyone else seen an increase in bounces from lucent.com?  I have
) several subscribers on lists from different hosts, and they've all been
) bouncing with "connection refused" messages.  Is this a lucent
) problem, or are they just blocking me?
(17:30)root @
 narnia:~# host lucent.com
lucent.com mail is handled (pri=10) by ihemail1.lucent.com
lucent.com mail is handled (pri=10) by auemail1.lucent.com
lucent.com mail is handled (pri=10) by hoemail1.lucent.com
(17:30)root @
 narnia:~# telnet ihemail1.lucent.com 25
Trying 192.11.222.161...
(17:30)root @