Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: Yet another virus alert
From: Brent Sims <brent @ rmi . net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:00:38 -0700 (MST)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

	Greetings,

	Not long ago I had the plug pulled on me because someone had
subscribed to a very low traffic, subscription confirmation required,
mailing list that I run. They received one mailing, which consisted of
exactly what they were told they would get, but because they forgot they
had subscribed a complaint was issued to my ISP who yanked the plug in
order to avoid ending up on someone's black list.

	The point and I believe the point of the original message in this
thread is that sometimes those of us who actually play by the rules get
nailed because some crazed lunatic doesn't have anything better to do with
their time than run a blacklist. And therein lies the problem.

	I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want to stop
spam go after the source - the people who send it.

	Brent Sims