Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Re: ListZone (was Re: Egroups
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:27:08 -0800
To: cnorman @ best . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: cnorman @ best . com

At 11:08 AM -0800 1/28/99, Cyndi Norman wrote:
   First, Stephanie, I'm guessing, and I think it's a good guess, that
   they're setting thigns up by taking PAML and typing it into their
   databases. did they ask permission?

There are tons of lists of lists around.

True, but my lists aren't on tons of lists, unless they've been added there without my knowledge. Which is, of course, possible. I generally have a good idea where my lists are advertised, especially when sites break the pointers.

I find that to be a serious problem.  Ignoring your requests to be removed
is totally unethical.

Agreed. However, I'll cut them a little slack for removing it, since I'm sure they're busy. That's why I'll wait a little longer before getting nasty. They're in startup mode, and I understand how that goes.

Oh, as an aside, back umpteen years ago when Stephanie started her list of
lists, I was added to it and then asked regularly to correct any errors in
the information.

Actually, Stephanie is running something I started many mega-umpteen years ago, handed off to Gene Spafford after a while, and ended up being run by her... (grin)
--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @

Featuring Winslow Leach at the Piano!