Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1999)

Subject: Repeating auto-responder
From: Dave Bigham <dbigham @ cantec . com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:30:04 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

This is somewhat off topic but I hope there is some help or direction for me
on this list.

I have recently seen a timed auto-responder where an initial message is sent
out following a request and additional messages are sent automatically later
on.  This is not, strictly speaking, a list.  Once the pre-programed number
of messages are sent, no further mail is generated.

My question is where can I get information or code to do this kind of thing
myself using my own server.  I know the location of one or two commercial
services that do this but I would like to have the capability in-house.

Thanks,

Dave Bigham

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: The Spam Police are amoung us!